Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Grateful for "BFs"

I was doing some spring cleaning (again!  It's just never. . .ending!  Haha!) to free up some space before our Little J arrives when I saw this picture of me and M, my first "BF" in school (best friend that is!)

Circa 1981
My best friend M, on the left
and moi, on the right =)

We were both in 1st Grade but we were in different sections.  We got together when we were chosen as majorettes to represent our class for our school's Foundation Day.  I really don't know how our friendship started, we just clicked I guess.  I  just remember that in one of our practices, she was snacking on a childhood favorite drink of mine (our local version of a snow cone, a sweet and syrupy drink with red tapioca pearls).  So I guess I can say our friendship started over food?!  (Nothing has changed, she is still a best friend and we both still love food!  Haha!)

So the other day, I was watching "Bride Wars" (starring Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson) and heard this quote which made me feel grateful for having all these amazing girlfriends (who I've met at different points in my life) who have given me their gift of unconditional love and friendship.
Sometimes in life there really are bonds formed that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person who will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you'll find it in a spouse and celebrate it with your dream wedding, but theres also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person who knows you sometimes better than you know yourself is the same person who's been standing beside you all along.
*Quote from www.finestquotes.com


To my best girls . . .Thank you very much for just simply being there when I need you (that you don't even have to say anything!), for wiping away tears of joy and sadness, for helping me get over my fears and celebrate my success, for helping me deal with my frustrations and share in my happiness too.  

As a mom, you pray a LOT of things for your children (it's a long list I tell you, haha!).  One thing I'm sure I've included in my list is that they will be blessed with such great and true friends just as I have been blessed in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...