Monday, August 22, 2011

Who is Zola?

I am sure most of you would conclude that Zola is our baby. . . well, she's not. "Zola" was one of our choices for our baby's name (or should I say, hubby's top choice!). He wanted a unique name for her princess. Unique nga naman ang "Zola"! But I wanted a name which is a "girly" name PLUS it should mean something like "God is good", "blesssing", "a gift from God" or a name that means "thankful or full of gratitude" because this is exactly how I feel about our baby.

Yes, I want kids but I wasn't sure if I was ready physically, (I thought I need to loose some--okay, sige na nga-lots of! --weight to get pregnant), psychologically (labor pains and epidural!), emotionally (would I be a good mom?) and financially (since I'm not working anymore). I was in no rush to have kids. . .and to think I'm in my late 30s! haha!

I wasn't praying for any kids. . ."not yet" anyway. . .but when I got pregnant, I knew she came at the right time in our lives. Because God gave her to us without us asking for this gift. This is the reason why I want her name to have a special meaning.

I found the name "Janina" which means "God is gracious" . . . "Janina" fits the bill. . . a girly name plus it has a special meaning, problem solved! By the way, we finalized our baby's name a few days before I was scheduled for my CS operation. Talk about being ready! haha! Thank you honey for liking the name "Janina" and thank you for thinking of her second name. . . "Louise", love it!

Because I appreciate hubby's effort to help me look for our baby's name and because I know how much he likes the name Zola. . .I thought of naming my blog, "Zola's Mom" . . . the name which didn't make it. . . but could have been our princess' name.




2 comments:

ribbiticus said...

great to see you on blogspot! keep on writing - will be back for sure! =)

Ana said...

Hi ribbiticus =) Thank you for the warm welcome and for taking time to visit my blog. . . will be following yours =) see you around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...