Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The "Kite Poem"

I have an entry which I was supposed to work on tonight but I thought of sharing with you this poem which I saw in one of the blogs (MimmaBenz) I was reading. The blogger, Benz Rana has a daughter named Kite. I don't know Benz personally but everybody who is a member of the E-groups, Weddings at Work (W@W) and Newlyweds at Work (N@W) know her. I joined both groups and being a member of these groups have helped me a lot during my wedding preps (W@W group) and being part of the N@W Group helps me with any concerns I have as a wife and a newbie mom. Thank you to Benz and Abet (Benz' hubby) for starting both groups! You are lifesavers! =)

I'm a newbie mom whose adventure to Parenthood just started. Reading this poem gave me an essence on how Parenthood will be. I found this poem so touching. I hope you like it as much as I did.
I didn't find the title of this poem so only for this blog entry, I'm calling it, "The Kite Poem" and was written by Emma Bombeck.

"I see children as kite. You spend a lifetime trying to get them off the ground. You run with them until you’re both breathless… they crash… they hit the roof… you patch and comfort, adjust and teach. You watch them lifted by the wind and assure them that someday they’ll fly. Finally they are airborne: they need more string and you keep letting it out.
But with each twish of the ball of twine, there is a sadness that goes with joy. The kite become more distant, and you know it won’t be long before that beautiful creature will snap the lifeline that binds you together and will soar as it is meant to soar, free and alone.
Only then do you know that you did your job."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...