Saturday, February 14, 2015

"Special" Coconut Macaroons

It's Valentine's Day today!

I thought of writing some cheesy post about me and Hubby by sharing our love story but he said a big NO to it so there, I'll stop! Haha!  (Why am I not suprised?!)

But it's okay.  =)

Valentine's Day is a celebration of love!  So I thought of just sharing with you a recipe of a Filipino dessert (which can also be a snack) which I tried a few months ago. . . Coconut Macaroons!  I know I said Special Coconut Macaroons in the title.  What makes them "special"?  It is not the "What" but the "Why".  

I baked some (for the first time) for Hubby because  A) it is one of the few sweet things (or probably the only thing) he likes to eat (he doesn't have a sweet tooth at all!) and B) it reminds him of his Mom.  I didn't get the privilege to meet my mother-in-law (I wish I did!) because she passed away when Hubby was a Freshman in the  University.  

I've heard Hubby rave about his Mom's macaroons lots of times.  I know nothing will beat those (or can even come close!)--- and I'm not even going to try to! Haha!  But there is only one thing I can say about my macaroons.  They are all about LOVE and GRATITUDE.

To the man who loves me unconditionally and to the woman who raised his son to become a good man, Thank You for coming into my life. 

I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy.  It is so simple that you'll probably be finished prepping and mixing everything even before you finish saying . . . .supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!  Haha!  I am so happy with this recipe because I liked how the macaroons turned out (and I'm not macaroon lover at all!).  Hubby liked them too! Yayyy!  This recipe is a keeper.  The only thing I will change is I will use unsweetened coconut flakes because I found them a tad too sweet for my liking.

Happy Baking and Happy Valentine's Day!

Bake with love. . . spread some love! 

Macaroon Recipe from Panlasang Pinoy

Ingredients:

14 ounces (about 400 grams) Sweet Shredded Coconut (or Desecated Coconut)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 pcs raw eggs
14 ounces condensed milk


Cooking Procedure:

1. Place the butter in a big bowl and cream using a fork.
2. Add in the brown sugar and mix well.
3. Add the eggs and condensed milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended.
4. Put-in the Sweetened Shredded Coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredient in the mixture.
5. In a mold (with paper cups if possible), place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups.
6. Pre-heat oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
7. Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until color turns golden brown.
8. Serve during dessert or snack time.  Share and Enjoy!

  

 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...