Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Trader Joe's Fave - Chocolate Croissants!

I had an appointment the other day and came in too early.  To kill time, we went to Trader Joe's which sits on the same lot where we were.  We rarely go to Trader Joe's so it can be a little bit overwhelming standing in the middle of this food and grocery shopping paradise not knowing where to start or what to get because there is just a lot of good stuff!  So I told Hubby to google for top TJ products.  We got a few things but the most I was excited about was the Chocolate croissants . . . or shall we say "Pain Au Chocolat" for a more French feel to it, haha!

I don't really expect a lot from frozen bake-ready products but I'm glad we tried these croissants! They were light, crisp and flaky, just the way I like it.  I will go back to TJ's just to get more of these, haha!

Thanks to Trader Joe's, having freshly baked croissants right at home is possible and is easy as 1-2-3!

1.  Proof (to let the dough rise) the dough at room temperature for 9 hours. I did mine overnight.


The next morning . . . . 

Me:  Amazing!


2. Make an egg wash (just beat one egg) and brush (if you don't have a pastry brush, you can use a paper towel) the top and sides of the croissants with it.  This was the hardest thing I did for these croissants!  Haha!


3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees C and bake the croissants for 20-25 minutes until crisp and quite brown.

Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.


Enjoy with your favorite hot drink . . . and just imagine sipping it at a café in France. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...