Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kitchen Tested: Best Banana Loaf Bread Recipe . . . Ever!

Okay, I just had to put "Ever!" because it is really the best banana loaf recipe I've tried!  Actually, this is just the second (haha!) time I baked a banana loaf.  But I am going to stop trying other recipes because I found the perfect one for me!   


The first recipe I've tried was moist and it had peanut butter and Nutella in it but these flavors overpowered the taste of the bananas. Sometimes, it is better to keep things simple (as much as I like peanut butter and Nutella, haha!).  So I found a simple, easy to do, easy to follow banana loaf recipe at Food.com.

I know I said "keeping things simple" and I did. . . sort of, haha!  In addition to the ingredients listed in the recipe, I just had to add semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped pecans, cinnamon powder (because cinnamon and bananas go well together!) and around 2-3 tablespoons of greek vanilla yogurt (because I read that adding yogurt in your batter makes your cake/cupcake extra moist)!  

This banana loaf got me giddy with excitement!  It was love at first bite. . . .literally, haha!  It was moist, I can smell and taste the bananas and it has the perfect balance of sweetness. 



If you are looking for a better banana loaf recipe like me, this is it!  If you are going to bake for the first time, make this your first!  And if you are thinking of Christmas gifts, this can be it! 

I hope you will like love this banana loaf recipe as much as I did!

Happy Baking!


Below is the original recipe from Food.com.  I have put my personal notes/comments in red:

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter (softened at room temperature or you can microwave your butter for 15 seconds)
  • cup sugar
  • eggs, beaten (I did not beat them together. I beat them one at a time as I mixed them in the batter)
  • bananas, finely crushed (I only used 3 overripe bananas - equivalent to 3 cups of mashed bananas)
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • My own addition to the list:
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 2-3 tbsp of greek vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet choco chips
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • Directions:
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and crushed bananas. (Add the yogurt and cinnamon powder too.)
3. Combine well.
4. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture.  Add vanilla.  Add the chocolate chips, pecans then mix everything but do not overmix)
5. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.  (Since I was using a non stick loaf pan, I didn't grease and flour it anymore).
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.  (Mine took a little bit longer). 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...