Sunday, March 1, 2015

Leftover Recipe: Quesadillas

I am sure this has happened to all of us. . . .

You have that leftover meat dish (like stews) that has been sitting around for too long in the fridge and you don't feel like eating it anymore but you don't have the heart to throw it, haha!  (I say NO to food waste!)



Do you know what I like to do with them?  QUESADILLAS!!!

It's the perfect thing to make!  Because you can do anything with it!  You can play around with the fillings and it gives your leftover dish another layer of flavor.  And you get to treat yourself to some Mexican food right at home!  

All you have to do is get a Taco Seasoning Mix (I like the Old El Paso brand, McCormick is also good) and additional vegetables (onions and bell peppers)



Saute them in garlic and put everything in!  (*Pls. refer to the taco mix' instructions for its preparation)  


I know, I know. . .it doesn't look that much, haha!  But wait 'til you put it this in your tortillas!  

How do I prepare the tortillas?  I just buy them, haha!

What I do is I warm them first by placing them on a skillet pan (over medium heat, a few seconds on each or until they become soft).  Then put in your sauteed filling and . . . let's not forget the QUESO!!!!   You can use Cheddar (I like using the 4-cheese Mexican blend) or your favorite cheese. Any kind of cheese is looooveee!  

I know when my Quesadilla is ready (this is my preference) when I like the color of my tortilla, haha! I like mine a little bit toasted.

After doing all the work, you just turned something "I don't want this anymore" to . . . 



something to get excited about!


You can eat is at is but if you like it to be AMAZING, it would be nice to have it with salsa, guacamole and I like putting on some creamy sauce like Ranch dressing or sour cream.  YUM-O!

So if you read this and you have that leftover dish tucked in the corner of your fridge (haha!), time to take it out. . . .before it is too late!

Remember, NO to food waste! =)

Have a nice day ahead!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...