Thursday, June 9, 2016

THE Crinkles Recipe You Have To Try

I'm on a (cookie) roll!!!

After posting my favorite chewy Chocolate Chip cookie recipe last month, I am posting another cookie recipe I tried and which I absolutely loved!

I've already blogged about a Crinkles recipe (Crinkles are chocolate cookies that are soft and chewy, it's like a brownie cookie) before (you may read about it here).  They turned out okay, I thought they can be better.  

Since I will be bringing some cookies for the Princess' Promotion night this Friday, I thought of baking these sweet treats.

And so my quest to find a better Crinkles recipe began.

By the way, do you know how I choose recipes to try (in general)?  I google for images!    

The food photo which looked best (and yummm!) wins!  Haha!

I saw one and I knew I had to try it!

Why?

Two words.

DOUBLE. CHOCOLATE. (Now, let's say that again)

Thanks to Sally's Baking Addiction, we got to enjoy these . . .


chocolatey, chewy and moist Crinkles!
(Did I say Double Chocolate?)




So I'm happy to say that the search is OVER!

(Cue Survivor's "The Search is Over" song here, haha)

I highly recommend this recipe if you are a Crinkle (or Chocolate!) lover like me!

My little big boy loved them so much, I had to stop him, haha!

Here are my notes for this recipe (based on my experience):

1. Putting the cookie dough overnight (or more) in the ref is recommended.

2. I found the crinkles a little bit sweet so for the next batch, I will just use half a cup of semi-sweet choco chips (original recipe calls for 1 cup). 

3. Baking time that worked for me was 10-11 minutes.  I suggest you make a small batch for different baking times to see which would suit your taste more.

For the full recipe, I suggest you hop over to Sally's blog as she has a detailed explanation for it.

Please click here.

Happy Baking!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...