Friday, August 21, 2015

Our Favorite Hotel in SG: Swissotel The Stamford

As I've mentioned in my earlier post, we (Hubby and me, the kids, my Mom and my sister) went to Singapore for a short vacation before going back to LA.  

My sister and I thought it would be good for Mom (and for us) to take a family trip.  First, we just want to give her a break from everything (Dad's passing  last April and the days leading to that unfateful day).  Second, I want her to experience going on a trip with her grandchildren.  We are sure that Daddy would like Mom to take this trip.  

And guess what, he had a way of telling us he totally agrees with our idea. . .  there was a rainbow to welcome us in Singapore!  Deep in our hearts, we felt it was his way of saying that he is watching over us.

Hello Daddy!!!

As seen from our room . . .

I got the opportunity to try this hotel the first time when I went to Singapore for a business trip (years ago, when I was still working).  I love the location of the the hotel!  There are more than enough places near and within a good walking distance from the hotel where you can dine and shop.   The hotel is in a complex which includes the Raffles Shopping Centre and another hotel, the Fairmont Singapore. 

All the things you need as a tourist are at an arm's reach . . .  a grocery, a food court, a pharmacy, money changer. . .  and the best thing I love about the hotel is there is an MRT train station just outside of it which makes things really convenient!  


The Hotel Lobby





We booked through www.agoda.com.   We used Agoda because there was a promo for BPI credit card holders at that time.

We got a Grand Room (which we were able to try the last time my sister and I went to Singapore) because with 2 toddlers in tow, we need some extra space!

Our room has a contemporary design.  What I love most about it is it has a sitting area and two balconies.  I just wish though that the sitting area came with a long sofa just like what my Mom and sister had in their room.  

All Grand Rooms are situated at the corner of each floor.    







The bed may just be the kids' favorite part in the room!


Can you tell?  Haha!




They always woke up at the right side of the bed during this trip!


As for the bathroom, it was okay, it was clean, I wish it was just bigger.  

When I stay at hotels, I don't take anything from the mini-bar.  But sometimes, I just had to have a can of Diet Coke, haha.  So I take one from the mini-bar and REPLACE it before Housekeeping comes in the next day.

But having a fancy electronic mini bar like what they have in the room means my thing won't work, haha!  



We enjoyed our stay in this hotel because of its excellent location and the nice staff we've had the pleasure of dealing with.  We will definitely go back to Singapore (for more food tripping) and stay in this hotel. . . which I am now officially claiming as our favorite hotel in the Lion City.  

Oh and there is a Starbucks and McDonald's (which is open 24 hours) outside the hotel. . . which make things sweeter!  Haha!

Of course, I got to have Twister Fries!!!

For more details about the hotel, please visit their website.

Swissotel The Stamford Singapore
2 Stamford Road
Singapore 178882
Tel. (65) 6338 8585
Fax (65) 6338 2862


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...