Saturday, July 18, 2015

LA Eats: Mama's Lu Dumpling House

This gloomy weather (we have been getting rains this week) makes me lazy, sleepy and makes me want to eat!  Rain and food just go well together!  Haha!

This kind of "bed" weather calls for something hot and piping!  So I thought of sharing with you this place we went to in Monterey, California called Mama's Lu Dumpling House.  

*(Okay, the Grammar Nazi in me would say, it should be Mama Lu's but I am writing the place's name the way it was posted on the restaurant's door, haha)

Image from this blog site

We had Xiao Long Bao . . . 


They were okay, but I prefer Din Tai Fung's because I like their dumpling's skin/dough better because it's thinner.  (You may read about by dining experience in DTF here) 

And Spicy Wontons!  I love spicy food but they weren't kidding when they said spicy!  These were so spicy that I wasn't able to enjoy them as much as I want to!  If you have a high tolerance for spicy food, you would love these!



And for our picky eater, we ordered some Yang Chow Fried Rice



We also tried one of their popular dishes, Deep Fried Fish with Seaweed which was good!  



We also enjoyed the complimentary peanuts they served.  The peanuts are mixed with some salt and sugar, something new in my book.  We were about to finish ours when I remembered to take a photo of it, haha!



Personally, I would go to DTF for my Xiao Long Bao and Spicy Wontons BUT I want to go back to Mama's Lu to try the other items in the menu!  They have a pretty extensive menu!  Yep, there's more to them than XLBs and Wontons!  Their other popular dishes include the Beef Wrap and Green Onion Pancake.     

What is also nice about this hole-in-the-wall place is that their food (which is flavorful!) . . . is not reasonably-priced. . . because it's cheap!  Prices range from $5-6.99!  (Not $7. . .but it's $6.99! Haha!)  It is probably one of the inexpensive dining places we've been to here in LA.  

Good food, extensive menu and excellent prices only  mean one thing. . . .MUST.COME.BACK!



Mama's Lu Dumpling House
153 E. Garvey Ave., 
Monterey Park, CA


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...