Sunday, September 21, 2014

Corned Beef "Muffin"

I actually don't know what to call this breakfast dish I made, haha!  So I called it Corned Beef Muffin because I baked the corned beef with egg in a muffin pan, haha!

We have some corned beef that has been in the fridge for 5 days! If I was a corned beef lover, this won't be a problem at all, haha!  I eat corned beef but it is not something I would look or crave for. . . unless it's Delimondo's (one thing I really miss from home!).  I blogged about it here.   

So I've given this 5-day old corned beef a "makeover" and was inspired by an article I saw about cooking bacon and eggs which were cooked/baked in a muffin pan.

I just sauteed the corned beef again with white onion and green bell peppers (leftover) to add more flavor.  (Whenever I make breakfast, I try to look for leftovers and see if I can make something out of them.)

In a separate bowl, I mixed the eggs, salt, pepper and a little bit of milk (for fluffy eggs).

I sprayed the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and then put a spoonful of corned beef in each muffin cup.  Then, I poured the egg mixture and baked them for 15 mins (pre-heated the oven at 350C).  At the tail end of it, I added shredded sharp cheddar cheese for added goodness!

Hubby loved them that he ate 4 in one sitting!  I will definitely be making these again (not only with corned beef)!



How it looks like at the bottom



But I have taken note to shorten the baking time and to put a spoonful of egg mixture before putting the corned beef to keep this from happening (in spite of using a non-stick spray!).  
It took me a couple of days to clean it, haha!

Happy Tummy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...